**We now offer Bio writing, order here!
Musicians: Want a Guaranteed CD Review?
Order your reviews
You can order 1, 2, 5, or 10
Send your music
Upload it online,
Receive your reviews
Your reviews will be emailed to
ReviewYou is the solution for musicians who want to receive professional reviews from seasoned music writers.
We’ll assign your review to one of our writers who has experience in your genre, and two weeks later you’ll have a solid, objective review delivered straight to your inbox. Our Writers cover all major genres, and most sub-genres. For a full list of genres, see our FAQ‘s
ReviewYou Reviews Help You:
- Strengthen your press kit
- Add Reviews to your Sonicbids, Facebook, & Twitter Profiles
- Build credibility with booking agents and fans
- Motivate Album Sales
- Stand out in Songwriting Contests and Grant Applications
To get your Reviews, click here:
Need A Professional Bio?
Order Your Bio
Fill Out Questionnaire
Receive Your Bio
In this brave new world of endless opportunities for music consumers, it is now more vital than ever to have a captivating story and a clear concise elevator pitch. A well written bio should cover both of these crucial elements.
ReviewYou is now offering professionally written Bios from our team of writers. After you make your payment you will receive a detailed questionnaire to fill out about you and your music. Then our writers will turn your responses into both a long form and a short form bio.
Don’t stress and struggle with the hassle of writing about yourself, let our professional writers do this for you!
To learn more about who the bio writers are and how the process works please email Managing Editor Tricia Martin at: Tricia@ReviewYou.com
The Story Behind Review You
As a music publicist I get to talk to a lot of musicians and to a lot of music writers. A few years ago I noticed an alarming pattern…
Artists were calling me and asking how they could get one or two CDs reviewed without spending hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in postage, mailing lists and CDs. All they wanted was to get one or two reviews to add to their press kits and websites. They wanted to know if they could hire me to get them just one review.
I would tell them that the sad reality was: That was not possible. They had 2 options: Hire a PR firm like mine and spend thousands of dollars on a far reaching PR campaign or go the DIY route which would mean send out dozens of CDs and try to get reviews back. And, not only would they have to mail the CDs but they would also have to call each reviewer to follow up and pitch themselves (something most artists dreaded the very thought of).
A few of my music journalist friends were also confiding in me that they were frustrated because the top alternative weekly newspapers were paying as little as $30 per CD review and many of their reviews were getting rejected by editors due to space restraints or a last minute news story. And bloggers were not getting paid at all.
So, musicians were not getting reviews that they desperately needed and music writers were not getting enough opportunities to review CDs, and they were rarely getting paid for their efforts even when they wrote a review.
So, I had an idea. Why not launch a service that could take care of this problem, where a musician could choose a professional writer to review his CD and that writer would get paid to write his guaranteed CD review?
When I launched the site, I was hesitant to put my name on it because as a publicist with 10 years of relationships with music writers and thousands of articles placed under my belt I was nervous that my idea would not be warmly received… “What if other publicists found out?” I wondered and “What would people think of the graying of the lines between journalism and paid-for-reviews?” So I kept my name off of the site and launched ReviewYou.com anonymously, and much to my delight the CD orders and rave reviews from musicians flooded in.
Since 2004, the music business and the PR game have both radically shifted. I am no longer in the traditional PR business anymore and I’m definitely not scared to attach my name to a service that helps artists.
So, I’m putting my name and all of my wonderful writers’ names on this website and I invite all artists to come and get your CDs reviewed.
Benefits of getting your CD reviewed at Review You:
- Save money on postage and mailing lists, $44.95 guarantees* you a review by a seasoned music writer (* Although we can’t guarantee that the review will be positive, we will guarantee that you will get some constructive criticism)
- Quick turnaround: Our writers will review your CD within 12 business days so you can have your review delivered to you very quickly
- Helps build your press kit, so you can add quotes to your website, Facebook profile, sonicbids profile and One Sheet.
- Get the opinions of trusted music writers. Your CD will get reviewed by a writer with years of experience writing for named publications and blogs.
- Choose multiple writers and get more than 1 CD review to quickly build your profile
- FREE BONUS: Each order comes with my 9 Ways To Leverage Your CD Review – a list of the 9 ways you can use your CD review to get extra traction and build your fanbase and interest quickly. This bonus will be sent with your completed review.
Order your review today and we will match you to the most appropriate writer on our team. You will receive email instructions on where to mail your CD and your review will arrive within 12 business days. Please note that your CD will not be returned to you after the CD review is written.